I have always done the opposite of what I was trained to do... Having little technical background, I became a photographer. Adopting a machine, I do my utmost to make it malfunction. For me, to make a photograph is to make an anti-photograph.
William Klein

zondag 12 januari 2020

The problem with those hippies

I guess this must be one of my first streetphotos, taken in Avignon in 1979 during a summer holiday with my parents. I was only 8 ½ years old.
(I do appologise for the poor quality. It is actually a picture taken with my phone of a dia projection.)

Even then, while film was an expensive thing I wasn't supposed to 'waste', I already wanted to document the moment when the French policemen tried to 'clean' the touristic city of Avignon from those lazy and smelling hippies.
I wonder if I can find more of these old pics taken by me.


Avignon, 08/1979

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten